Prince Harry is tipped to unleash on the royal family in a tell-all book set to be released just weeks after the Queen’s death.
The Duke of Sussex, who is in the UK for his grandmother’s funeral, is reportedly “insisting” on the timing, despite reluctance from publishers.
The Duke has a contract to release a book with Penguin Random House but it has been on hold for unknown reasons.
But royal author Tom Bower, who has released a book himself on the feud between Harry, Meghan Markle and the royal family, says sources have told how the book will be published within weeks.
“I’m told tonight that Harry’s insisting that his book is published in November,” Bower said.
“Apparently the publishers are not too certain but he says if you don’t publish it’s a breach of contract.”
Harry has revealed he is writing the book “not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become”, revealing he wanted to include “the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned”.
The book is likely to cover Harry and Meghan’s bombshell Oprah interview, as well as their recent visit to the UK for the Queen’s jubilee with their children Archie and Lilibet.
Harry is understood to have enlisted novelist John Moehringer to be his ghostwriter for the project.
Entertainment reporter Peter Ford has previously suggested Harry could be stalling the release in the name of family politics.
“Is he just holding off? Let’s be blunt about it, is he holding off until the Queen’s gone?,” Ford said.
Harry and Meghan are also believed to be working on a Netflix docuseries which was expected to coincide with the book’s release.
Meanwhile, Meghan has put her podcast Archetypes on hold for a week during the period of mourning for the Queen’s death.
The next episode was scheduled to be released on Wednesday but a note on her Spotify page reveals she’s agreed to a short hiatus.
“New episodes of Archetypes will be paused during the official mourning period for Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II.”